Eliminate from your diet:
- All refined sugar
- All white flour, white foods, and processed foods
- Soda, Diet Soda
- Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil
- Corn Syrup and Corn Syrup Solids
Eat these foods daily or as frequently as possible:
- Green vegetables 2/day
- Fruit 3-5/day: especially kiwis, berries, and melons
- Yellow or orange vegetable 1-2/day
- Whole Grain (Brown rice, Whole wheat bread, Oatmeal (not instant or sugared), Barley, millet, quinoa)
- Beans and legumes of all types including edamame (soybeans)
- Tomatoes: raw or cooked
- Avocado and walnuts
- Flax seeds or flax oil (In the bulk foods section, store in freezer)
- Olive oil and canola oil
- Lean meats, fish and eggs
- Water 8-10 glasses everyday
- Multivitamin if desired
- Essential Fatty Acids: Freshly ground flax seeds, walnuts, salmon (Essential fatty acids are important for immune system function, proper hormone balance, and general health.)
Try to eat three to six times a day. Smaller, more frequent meals is best. Don't skip breakfast. Try starting your day off with a Power Smoothie.
Power Smoothie Recipe
Grind 2 tbs flax seeds in the blender
To this powder add:
-1 cup OJ
-1 kiwi, berries or other fruit as desired
-Handful of spinach leaves
-1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
-Seltzer or water if too thick, ice if desired
Blend it all together, drink it down with a straw, and yum yum you will fill great. Adjust recipe to your personal taste.
If you have a problem with yeast, intestinal cramping or bloating, or you have a history of using lots of antibiotics, be sure to take Acidophilus powder or capsules three times a day. Acidophilus is a type of bacteria that is essential to normal digestive functioning and vaginal health. There are many strains of this bacteria. Two important ones are lactobacillus and bifidus. Be sure to purchase a supplement that contains both strains. Plain yogurt with live cultures is also a good source of these bacteria. Acidophilus can be purchased at all health food stores and pharmacies, although the best ones are those kept refrigerated in the health and beauty product area.
A great book to look at for specific problems is called Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing.
Food is what makes your immune system strong. You need a healthy immune system to fight infection and disease. Feed your body so your body can support you to be you.
Also be sure to give your body lots of fresh oxygen by walking or exercising at least 30-60 minutes per day outdoors. Breathe deeply, stretch and let go of stress.
To your health!